Of course, OnSong version 1.2 wasn't without it's issues. We think we squashed many of those bugs this time around, and added the most requested features that users had asked for. We are not nearly done with OnSong yet, and have some really exciting things coming soon!
Here's a list of the corrected issues and added features that OnSong 1.3 contains.
- Added the ability to completely navigate a set hands-free with USB foot pedel integration.
- Added auto scroll pages for songs based on the tempo. This can be toggled using a foot pedal.
- Decreased the file size of the application by optimizing images and sound assets for faster boot times and less memory footprint.
Song Display Enhancements
- Increased the performance of song displaying by only drawing the visible and soon-to-be visible songs. This allows sets to be much larger than before.
- Formatting and notes are now applied to a song directly, as well as the set.
- Added the ability to adjust how much a page is scrolled when tapped in Settings.
- Added support for Swedish and other international characters
Improved Song Navigator
- Updated the user song navigator to have more iPod-like features.
- Made lots of refinements to the song navigator to make it more solid and easier to use.
- Users can now select and view a song without putting the song in a set.
- Users can now divide songs up by category in a new feature called "By Topic". This searches the user's song library for keywords.
- Added the ability to browse by song name, artist, key and theme (topic)
- Added a feature where selecting a song in the viewer highlights the song in navigation to aid in visualizing where the user is in the set.
More Display Preferences
- Added a feature to allow the user to change the chord font size for chords, color and style independent of lyrics.
- Added a feature where a capo amount may be set and optionally turned on for guitar players. This automatically transposes the song.
- Added the ability to toggle the title and configuration of a song.
- Increased the maximum font size for lyrics and chords to 30 points from 20 points.
- Added a toolbar item to quickly start and stop the metronome.
- Added a "tap to set tempo" feature in the playback area
- Added a feature that let's users selected a song from their iPod library manually.
- Users can now export files write from the song/set viewer.
- Users can now reimport songs without having to delete song first
- Added a preview feature to review songs prior to importing from the Internet.
- Added the ability to export the entire OnSong database to file sharing.
- Added better handling of importing ChordPro documents.
Built-In Help System
- Added a brand new help screen with topics. Will be adding topics during the beta period.
- Fixed an issue where Pages and Word docs would display, and then disappear immediately. This has been corrected allowing users to view these file formats.
- Fixed an issue where "Null" was set as title when importing more than one song
- Fixed an issue where songs in larger set order themselves.
- Fixed an issue where tapping too quickly made page navigation confusing.
- Fixed an issue where if a user tapped too fast, they would go to the beginning of the set.
- Fixed an issue where users would received a "Database Locked" error when sharing a set twice with the same song.
- Fixed an issue in the chord builder where selecting a major 7th chord (like Fmaj7) resulted in a dominant 7 (in this case F7) being placed.
- Fixed issues to make sure that after editing the song chords, the changes where persisted and drawn correctly on the screen.
- Fixed an issue where after selecting certain chords, the chord selection of the bass note was defaulting to a strange note the next time it is opened. For example, after inserting an Esus4, the chord selection window opens to Esus4/Db, or something similar. This has been resolved.
- Fixed an issue where the app did not recognize the chord Cb.
- Fixed an issue where pinching to zoom caused some display issues.