Please remember, if you are planning to play over the holidays, make sure you update when you have ample time to practice with the new version.
Release NotesOnSong 1.962 was released on 12/19/2012. It improves upon OnSong 1.961 in the following ways:
- Fixed an issue where the Notation Chords setting and Chord Position settings were conflicting, causing chords to be placed inline incorrectly.
- Fixed an issue where tabs are not applied correctly without setting tab spaces first.
- Fixed an issue where the conversion toolbar in the song editor would not appear if opened in the portrait orientation.
- Fixed an issue where Settings » Live Bar Options » Stop Triggered Event would not stop audio or metronome when autoscroll completed.
- Fixed an issue where the toolbar and "+" button would disappear when using the set list menu.
- Fixed an issue with saving files from Dropbox where files are not overwritten. This was caused by a change in the Dropbox API.
- Fixed an issue that caused a crash when listing files via FTP in iOS 6.
- Fixed an issue where visual metronome colors where not being applied due to default settings.
- Fixed the metronome to make it more accurate by removing the "fast click" when starting the metronome from scratch.
- Fixed an issue with the metronome where tapping on the "start" button would not immediately start the metronome due to a gesture conflict. This caused iOS to wait to determine the type of gesture being requested.
- Fixed an issue where the metronome button icon would return to the "Start" position.
- Fixed an issue where the toolbar in the list of sets menu would disappear when accessing Edit » "Add Set to Folder" or "Add Songs to Book" is selected and then returned.
- Fixed an issue where the autoscroll would stop upon rotation.
- Fixed threading issues that improves metronome accuracy.
- Fixed an issue where OnSong would place chords in square brackets when on a line by itself in the song editor while using the chord picker.
- Fixed an issue with Dropbox integration where signing in when accessing the synchronization screen would cause nothing to appear, requiring the user to back out of sync and go back in.
- Fixed an issue where when added a new chord definition in the tablature editor, the chord would not be displayed on the list on the left.
- Fixed an issue with the chord picker when using it on the iPhone/iPod touch that caused the chord builder to interfere with the chord buttons.
- Fixed an issue where the chord builder would not display properly on the iPhone/iPod touch.
- Fixed some crashes that occur when applying styles to all versions when there are no versions.
- Fixed an issue where certain external files would not appear when in low light mode due to transparency.
- Fixed an issue where completing synchronization would cause songs with the same name to be removed.
- Fixed a crash condition that prevented OnSong from opening on iOS 4.3.
- Changed to the new Dropbox API and authentication process.
- Changed the metronome settings to create an Audio Settings panel.
- Changed the undo function in the song editor to allow Undo or Redo selection, also offering a level of protection against accidental undo.
- Changed the chord picker/builder for the iPhone version to display chord buttons first and an "+" to build a new chord.
- Changed the version number to properly use OnSong 1.962.
- Changed the way the chord picker works on the iPad so that chord buttons are viewed first, and then tapping "+" allows you to create a new chord.
- Changed all import screens so they return the user to the "All Songs" list instead of the Add Song menu.
- Changed how the metronome live bar button works. It will now start as soon as you tap the button (before there was a slight delay because it's listening for a long press gesture) This means that if you press and hold to open the metronome, the metronome will start playing before the menu is opened.
- Changed how the remove duplicates function works to take into account the artist name.
- Added the ability to change the page scroll position and section using MIDI controls.
- Added the ability to place chord diagrams at the top of the chord chart (under metadata). You can change this at Settings » Instrument Settings » Tablature Position.
- Added the ability to use spellcheck and autocapitalize in the song editor. You can change this in Settings » Editor Options » Autocapitalize and Autocorrect Spelling.
- Added the ability to turn off song information, artist name and copyright from lyrics projection.
- Added the ability to force an enharmonic preference (aka force sharp/flat). This can be set in Settings » Instrument Settings » Force Enharmonic Preference.
- Added the ability to pan the metronome to the left or right. To set the panning at Settings » Metronome » Pan.
- Added alphabetic index to the artist list.
- Added a "play/stop" button in the menu to all previewing of the metronome.
- Added the ability to set sensitivity on the foot pedal so that accidental or redundant foot pedal presses are ignored. This is adjustable under Settings » Foot Pedal Options » Pedal Setup » Sensitivity.
- Updated translation files for the new words and phrases.