With OnSong, paper music charts are a thing the past. But did you know that with some basic equipment, you can modernize your stage and play music indefinitely, all while keeping your team on the same page?
In this video, Brandon shows us how to connect your iPad up to multiple HDTV screens that are placed on a stage on tripod mounts. 23" HDTVs are about the same size as a standard music stand. When connected to and iPad running OnSong, the screen come alive, showing chord charts that scroll, change and flip as the leader chooses where to go. While this video demonstrates using HDMI connections, you could also use VGA cables as well.
|projecting a chord chart in low light mode|
If your facility has a back-of-house projector, you can also project chord charts in a way that makes them easy to see from the stage. Brandon also demonstrates how to configure stage monitor mode to be used on a confidence monitor.
Here is a list of supplies that we used in the making of this stage monitor setup.
- Coby LEDTV2326 23-Inch 1080p 60Hz LED HDTV/Monitor (Black)
- Audio2000'S AST420Y Portable Flat Panel TV/Monitor Stand with Foldable Tripod Legs
- J-Tech Digital TM 4 Ports HDMI 1x4 Powered Splitter
- Aurum Ultra Series - High Speed HDMI Cable With Ethernet - 15 Feet
- VicTsing Dock to HDMI A/V Cable Adapter for 30-pin Dock Connector
- Lightning Digital A/V Adapter
- Apple iPad Charge and Sync Dock
- Macally Lightning Charge and Sync Dock for iPad
If you don't have OnSong yet Download it Now
For the latest news and information about updates, contests, and events follow us on:
You can also join our OnSong Community Group on Facebook to connect with other OnSong users like you. Share tips and music or just learn tricks and hacks that make OnSong do more for you and your band.